BILTWELL GRINGO S ECE R22.06 HELMET - METALLIC CHERRY RED
An old favorite but now with a new fit and new features. Our latest Gringo S helmet not only meets DOT regulations in the US, it also meets the new European ECE 22.06 regs. The shield mechanism now uses the same anti-rattle closure featured on our Lane Splitter helmets. Three shell sizes replace the previous two for improved fit and comfort.
- Injection-molded ABS outer shell is lightweight and highly resistant to impacts
- New Dual Density expanded polystyrene (EPS) internal safety shell absorbs and dissipates impact energy without compromising comfort
- Molded urethane chin bar pad dissipates energy during front impact
- Chin strap features brushed fleece Lycra touchpoints for comfort, and a D-ring retention system with red quick-release pull tab for speedy removal
- CE-certified, injection-molded polycarbonate shield features anti-fog and anti-scratch treatments for durability and safety
- Rugged hinge hardware with robust detents allows you to ride with the shield open at slow speeds to increase cooling airflow
- Anodized aluminum washers and stainless-steel hinge screws can be swapped with different colors and finishes to personalize the look of your helmet (hinge hardware sets available separately)
- Removable/replaceable comfort liner and cheek pads are constructed with fleece Lycra and open-cell foam padding to absorb and evaporate perspiration
- New BioFoam head form panel and ventilated polyester padding maximize airflow around your head to ensure coolness and comfort
- Molded EPS ear pockets fit select aftermarket audio accessories
- US DOT FMVSS No. 218 compliant / ECE R22.06 certified
- Our new ECE 22.06 compliant helmets now come in three shell sizes as compared to the 22.05 model which used only two shells. This means the fit is more accurate and comfortable, especially in the Medium and XXL sizes. Please note the measurements in our revised sizing chart before ordering a new helmet in the same size as your current model.